Dear Residency Applicants:
Thank you for your interest in our brand-new Psychiatry Residency Program. We are now currently taking applications for the 2024-25 year for PGY 1 candidates.
All the applicants who are interested in our psychiatry residency program are required to email the following documents to residency program coordinator Ms. Rebecca Uhlman at firstname.lastname@example.org
We request the following documents
- Curriculum Vitae
- Three letters of recommendations
- Dean's letter
- Medical School Transcript
- Medical School Diploma
- Personal Statement
- USMLE /COMLEX – transcripts
- ECFMG certificate (for IMGs)
PGY 2 Applicants: In addition to the above-mentioned documents, the following documents must be provided.
- Summary of completed rotations from the current residency program.
- Before we schedule an interview for a PGY2 position, the candidate must assure us that his or her current Program Director is aware of the candidate’s interest in applying to another program and has given the candidate permission to discuss a transfer to our program.
- Internship/Prior GME certificate (if applying for PGY 2)
- Letter from current program director.
For IMGs, we sponsor ECFMG sponsored J1 visa. We do not sponsor H1b visas.
Once we receive applications, our residency review committee will review all the applications.
We will extend invitations to potential candidates for a virtual interview.
Once all the potential candidates are interviewed, you will be notified via email if accepted into the program.
Praveen Narahari, MD
NAMC Shoals Psychiatry Residency Program.